Treasury and resin fun

Thursday, December 31, 2009

In Melbourne it's 9.30am and it's already 30 degrees :/ Ick!

Woke up really early because of the heat, but has been an exciting morning - two pattern sales and got featured in my first treasury - See my little Dugong in Disguise at the top left? yay! Many thanks to ArtNomadix!

I love the blue MilkwoodDesign resin ring also featured.

A friend and I have been experimenting with resin in the last few days. Apart from the initial problem of it melting through the plastic cup in which we mixed it, our experiments have been useful for working out what does and doesn't work. It's a very difficult (and somewhat smelly) medium, as there is really no undo option.



Above is a pic of my favourite attempt so far - copper wire, blue shiny dye and black backing paper - I just wish it hadn't turned out so thick - but the resin started drying before we had done the backing layer properly :( hoping for better results next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

-