Echo Flower Shawl

Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pattern: Echo Flower Shawl by Jenny Johnson


(thanks to Convoluted Penguin for taking a break from our beaching to take the pics)

This was long in the making (2 months) but totally worth it ^_^

Very inspiring pattern with great results. I would like to try this again one day with thinner yarn, as the Socks that Rock lightweight was perhaps a little heavy for this shawl and makes it quite bulky if wearing as a scarf (as I generally do).

I first became obsessed by Blue Moon's Raven Clan colourways when I saw Chrissy's amazing versions (Ravelry) of the Multnomah Shawl and knew I had to get some for myself.

I noted on my Ravlery that this was a ‘keeping me sane’ shawl. Now, a few months later, I can't quite remember what it was keeping me sane from, but I imagine part of it was having to move house yet again.

On nupps
Found the new technique of nupps pretty fun. Because of the thicker yarn, I used 5 stitch nups instead of 7 or 9. They're not super noticeable, but because I was running out of yarn I am glad I chose to do smaller ones.


Had just enough yarn left over for a Rustling Leaves Beret which I will show you another time

More pics of my shawl on Ravelry

You Might Also Like

1 comments

-