Windsbraut - Sommerwind shawl

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pattern: Windsbraut - Sommerwind shawl by Monika Eckert (Wollklabauter)

This was a lovely free pattern, but involved a (rather hard on the eyes) full chart instead of a number of repeats. I didn't have enough yarn so had to rip back many rows before the edging to have enough. Even then I had to re-write the edging quite a lot of have enough yarn. It lost what I originally loved about the edging, but it's still very nice to wear.
The sunset light makes it tricky to see the colour of the yarn but it's black and teal and I love it to bits. In fact I love all yarn from Dyeforwool. Their yarn names are the best! Slightly squiffled has also been experimenting with teal dyes for yarn so I'm keen to go over for a visit and we can have a play to make some.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

-