Ribbed Baby Jacket

Thursday, December 05, 2013

Ribbed Baby Jacket by Debbie Bliss

A special creation for a very special friend - this baby jacket was perfect for my imagined gift.


To compensate for less thick yarn I knitted size 38, and started with 4 rows of garter stitch to prevent a rolling hem.


It was a little tricky to keep track of rows while knitting the two fronts.
There was also quite a lot of grafting and seaming, but I actually enjoyed the process now that I am more comfortable with invisible seams and grafting.

If I made this pattern again (and I think I will), I would make a couple of changes:

  • I chose to graft the sleeves as other projects had suggested - this worked fairly well but resulted in a ‘stepped’ look because of the gradual cast-off. I would probably avoid any sleeve shaping in future. 
  • I would also cast off a little more loosely next time.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

-