Cerus Scarf

Friday, January 10, 2014

Cerus Scarf by Hilary Smith Callis

I previously made a Ceres Scarf out of bamboo handspun, and while that project didn't turn out quite as planned, this one is much closer to the intended pattern.
This project took about a year and half to complete, but felt much longer. It's a lovely pattern, but more and more I am requiring a high level of variety or complexity to keep interested in projects. I finish almost everything I start (and choose projects and yarn carefully), but this one was a very long haul!

The scarf was intended as a gift, but the finished product feels a bit scratchy :/ Knitting something yourself gives you a higher tolerance for its uncomfortable elements (scratchiness), so I will likely enjoy the scarf myself when the weather gets a little colder.


Experimenting with linen stitch has shown it to be quite useful for breaking up variegated yarn, but tricky for increasing and decreasing. Working with the stitch inspired my new linen stitch gloves pattern project, so all the time spent knitting this scarf has also resulted in something creative.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

-