Making it up as I go along

Friday, February 11, 2011

I cast on for 2 socks on 1 circular needle yesterday on the train - I've only knitted one pair of socks before, and am not following any instructions on how two at once works, which made me muse a little on how sometimes I feel I am strange for a knitter/crocheter:
  • Generally finish everything I start
  • Feel excitement rather than worry at the thought of trying difficult techniques
  • Love to self-teach and don't really enjoy being taught by others
  • Prefer to experiment rather than following patterns
This can be good for some things (like trying new things), but also less good (as working from patterns is a great way of broadening knowledge)

Wondering if anyone else shares these tendencies? - they aren't ones I often encounter in crafters I meet (or else I don't know that they are).

And lastly some show and tell:
Spun from this lovely Shunklies kettle dyed merino top - fun!

You Might Also Like


Popular Posts