Julissa sweater - twin leaf version

Saturday, November 08, 2014

Finished a couple of sweaters over the last few months - but have got behind on the blogging!

For this sweater I decided to use the pattern Julissa (scoop neck version) by Vanessa Smith as a base for a cardigan (as I had heard it was very well-written) - but then decided that the cabling might not be quite enough to keep me entertained - so somehow ended up replacing the cable with multiple Twin leaf lace patterns and just using Julissa as a base.

Perhaps a bit of a silly way to approach such a project with so many great cardigan patterns out there, but it worked in the end.

I was hoping to knit the Twin leaf lace stitch top down, but after a little testing, I believe this is one of those lace patterns that can’t be reversed - so the leaves ended up facing downwards instead - not quite as leaf-like unfortunately.


The yarn is Skein DK in the Quill colourway. This is the only DK weight sweater that I've made so far that seems easy to wear. I think the cardigan-ness makes it much easier to put on than a pullover - but unfortunately the button band is a bit thick and droops a little. Still fairly happy with this creation :)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

-