Bowser kindle case

Monday, October 25, 2010

These blogger scheduled posts are very useful - I couldn't show this one earlier as it was a gift for my friend but I can now reveal this secret project!

For Mario fans it may be obvious what is going on here, but for others a little explanation might be needed:
I decided it would be cool to get the last scene of the original Super Mario Bros. and rework Bowser's hammers into juggling clubs to reflect both my friend's awesome juggling and mario skill :D

I hit several sticking points along the way:

  • Crocheting an image with six colours is really not fun
  • Black wool was thinner than the other colours (couldn't keep it square!)
  • Should have worked in the round so that I could have at least easily carried the wool more neatly behind each row
  • Magnets were too weak to hold through 2 layers of crochet so had to sew them on with thread
  • I'm terrible at sewing in a straight line
  • Bowser has too many teeth to sanely crochet

but I think it turned out ok in the end :) and the kindle fitted!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. wow nys amazing... what program did you use to graph your picture. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ^_^ just grabbed a pic of the game and popped it in a spreadsheet - nothing fancy :p

    ReplyDelete

-